HWGA Play Days – Winter Weather Policy
HWGA Play Days will be a 9:00 am Shotgun during the months of September, October, November, December, April and May. HWGA Play Day start time during the months of January, February and March may be 9:00 am, 9:30 am or 10:00 am depending upon weather forecast. Please check with the Pro Shop or the website for exact starting times to be locked down by 4:00 pm on the Tuesday preceding play.
Winter Weather Policy
During the months of January, February and March we may deviate from the standard 9:00 am start time for Eighteen Holers and 9:30 am start time for Nine Holers using the following guidelines:
- The weather forecast will be reviewed on Tuesday prior to each Thursday Play Day by the Golf Pro Shop and the respective Tournament Chairs for the 18 and 9 Holer groups.
- If the forecast calls for temperatures of 60 degrees or higher no change will be made to the standard start times of 9:00 am for 18 Holers and 9:30 am for 9 Holers.
- If the forecast calls for temperatures below 60 degrees but above 50 degrees we will adjust start times to 9:30 am for the 18 Holers and 10:00 am for the 9 Holers.
- If the forecast calls for temperatures below 50 degrees we will adjust start times to 10:00 am for the 18 Holers and 10:30 am for the 9 Holers.
- If the Ladies tee times are pushed out, the Golf Pro Shop may allow other Heathrow members to get very early tee times prior to the Ladies start. In all circumstances the Ladies will have the "Right of Play" on the golf course once their tee times commence. "Right of Play" means Ladies pace of play shall not be compromised by other golfers on the course and ladies will have the option to play through in all circumstances.
Play Day Start Times, Weather Alerts, Delayed Play, Cancelled Play may be found under the individual Play Day outline on the HWGA Play Day page of this website or by calling the Golf Shop at 407-333-1469.